According to the results of 2021, the volume of bilateral trade in goods amounted to 117.3 million USD and increased by 0.8% compared to the same period in 2020. At the same time, the export of goods from Ukraine to South Africa amounted to 22.3 million USD (a decrease of 25.8%), and the import of goods from South Africa to Ukraine amounted to 95.0 million USD (10.1% increase). The negative balance for Ukraine during this period amounted to 72.7 million USD.
The TOP-5 products that were most exported in 2021 include:
1) Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof - 3.8 million USD (4.4 times increase);
2) Edible vegetables - 3.4 million USD (1.6 times increase);
3) Cereals - 2.1 million USD (decrease by 6.5 times);
4) Machinery, mechanical appliances, nuclear reactors, boilers; parts thereof - 1.8 million USD (1.6 times increase);
5) Optical and photographic devices and apparatus - 1.2 million USD (11 times increase).
The TOP-5 products that were most imported in 2021 include:
1) Raw hides and skins (other than furskins) and leather - imported in the amount of 31.2 million USD (increase by 5.4%);
2) Edible fruit and nuts - 18.4 million USD (14.2% increase);
3) Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof - 12.6 million USD (decrease by 12.4%);
4) Nickel and articles thereof - 7.0 million USD (2.2 times increase);
5) Iron and steel - 5.0 million USD (2.4 times increase).
The total volume of trade in services in 2021 amounted to 6.4 million USD and increased by 0.5% compared to the same period of 2020. Export of services decreased by 11.1% and amounted to 4.4 million USD, import of services increased by 40.2% and amounted to 2.0 million USD. Exported services: business, telecommunications, computer and information, transport, travel, charges for the use of the intellectual property. Imported: state and government, business, travel, transportation, as well as charges for the use of the intellectual property. The positive balance of bilateral trade in services for Ukraine for the specified period amounted to 2.4 million USD.
There is no investment cooperation.