Trade and economic cooperation
According to the results of 2021, the volume of bilateral trade in goods amounted to 14.4 million USD and increased by 6 times compared to the same period in 2020. At the same time, the export of goods from Ukraine to Madagascar amounted to almost 12.1 million USD (an increase of 11.6 times), and the import of goods from Madagascar to Ukraine - was 2.3 million USD (an increase of 1.7 times). The positive balance for Ukraine during this period amounted to 9.8 million USD.
The TOP-5 products that were most exported in 2021 include:
- Cereals - 7.9 million USD (increase by 43 times);
- Edible vegetables - 2.4 million USD (increase by 46 times);
- Animal or vegetable fats and oils - 1.3 million USD (increase by 2 times);
- Residues and waste from the food industries - 197.3 thousand USD (in 2020, no exports were made);
- Products of the milling industry - exported in the amount of 150.9 thousand USD (increase by 4.3 times).
The TOP-5 products that were most imported in 2021 include:
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, not knitted or crocheted - 737.9 thousand USD (decrease by 0.5%);
- Salt; sulphur; earths and stone - 696.6 thousand USD (in 2020, no imports were made);
- Coffee, tea – 286.8 thousand USD (increase by 2.5 times);
- Edible fruit and nuts - 153.9 thousand USD (increase by 31.5%);
- Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, knitted or crocheted – 121.0 USD (41.7% increase).
Trade in services - data are not made public in order to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Law of Ukraine "On State Statistics" regarding the confidentiality of statistical information.
There is no investment cooperation.