|Ukraine's legislation on visa issues includes:|
- Procedure for Providing Sufficient Funds by Foreigners and Stateless Persons Entering, Staying in, Transiting through or Leaving Ukraine approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no.884 of 4 December 2013 (in Ukrainian);
- Guidelines on Processing Ukraine's Entry and Transit Visa Applications adopted by the Order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, Security Service of Ukraine no.469/897/605 of 30 October 2017 (in Ukrainian).
Requirements for sufficient financial availability for foreigners and stateless persons to enter Ukraine, stay in Ukraine, transit through the territory of Ukraine.
Required financial availability (financial security) for the applicants is calculated according to the procedure approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decision # 884 dated December 4, 2013. Required financial availability or financial security means that a foreigner who arrives in Ukraine should have an available financial amount counting as 784.00 UAH (Ukrainian Hryvnias) per 1 (one) calendar day for the time he or she is planning to stay in Ukraine.
The total amount is calculated by multiplying this amount by the number of days for the period of stay in Ukraine and additional amount for extra 5 (five) calendar days more than the time of stay.
For example if you are planning a visit for 10 (ten) calendar days:
(784.00 UAH x 10) + (784.00 UAH x 5) = 7,840.00 UAH + 3,920.00 UAH = 11,760.00 UAH
Amount of 11, 760.00 UAH (Ukrainian Hryvnias) or its equivalent in any foreign convertible (exchangeable) currency is sufficient financial availability or financial security for a person to stay 10 (ten) calendar days in Ukraine.
Proof of financial availability or financial security can be as follows:
- Required amount of cash in Ukrainian national currency (Ukrainian Hryvnias) or any foreign convertible (exchangeable) currency.
- A document which indicates the required amount of funds acceptable and exchangeable by banks in Ukraine. For example Travel checks or etc.
- Credit or debit cards of the international payment systems, for example, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and others accepted by Ukrainian financial institutions, with the most recent statement confirming available balance on a credit or debit account in the amount required for the period of staying in Ukraine or more.
- Letter of financial support issued by the person (or any other entity in Ukraine) who invites foreigner or stateless person confirming that all liabilities and any other required costs related to the period of temporary visit to Ukraine will be covered.
Determining the appropriate level of financial availability or financial security Ukrainian authorities shall take into account:
- A document or documents confirming booking or payment for the hotel or any other place for a stay in Ukraine and confirmed payment for meals for the same period;
- The contract for travel services (travel voucher);
- Return ticket to the country of nationality or country of residence or to any other third country.
The control procedures for required financial availability or financial security for foreigners and stateless persons who enter Ukraine, stay in Ukraine, transit through the territory of Ukraine, and leave the country to any other third country or confirmations for receiving appropriate financial support in a legal way in Ukraine could be done by:
- Consular sections of diplomatic missions of Ukraine before applying or during the process of issuing a visa.
- At border checkpoints by border officials or during border control procedures for second monitoring check.
- Local offices or departments of State Migration Services of Ukraine during extensions of temporary visit period if required and in cases when the invitation is arranging for foreigners or stateless persons to obtain a visa for entering Ukraine.
This procedure does not apply to:
- Foreigners or stateless persons permanently living in Ukraine;
- Persons indicated in paragraphs 4 (four) and 5 (five) of Article # 16 in the Law of Ukraine “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, including foreigners and stateless persons under eighteen years of age; foreign tourists are on a cruise, etc.*
- Foreigners and stateless persons who are subject to the Law of Ukraine “About refugees and persons in need additional or temporary protection”
- Persons indicated in paragraphs 4 (four) and 5 (five) of Article # 16 in the Law of Ukraine “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”
- Heads of states and governments of foreign countries, members of parliament and government delegations, technical staff, who are serving delegation (s) and their families who arrived in Ukraine on the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, or the Cabinet Ministers of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or Council of Ministers of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, ministries and other central executive power bodies of Ukraine, persons, and family members persons who arrived in Ukraine for certificates and UN organizations UN;
- Foreigners and stateless persons who have not attained eighteen years of age;
- Foreign tourists carry cruise; crew members of foreign military ships (aircraft), which established order arrived in Ukraine; persons who are members of the crews of foreign non-military ships;
- Іndividuals who make up the crews of civil aircraft Ships international airlines of train international connection, if staying in airports, train stations (stations) specified in the schedule;
- Heads of diplomatic missions and consular agencies, members of the diplomatic staff, consular officers persons, administrative, technical and service staff diplomatic missions and consular offices, employees apparatus DAs and trade missions and their spouses, children of parents who are dependent on these persons ;
- Еmployees of foreign affairs of foreign countries, which arrived in Ukraine on official business and diplomatic or service passport, and their families;
- Оfficials of international organizations, who arrived in Ukraine in official business, members of representative organizations Ukraine and staff of the states in international organizations that are headquartered in Ukraine and in accordance with statute documents of these organizations or relevant international treaties enjoy diplomatic privileges and immunity as well as their families.