The Embassy of Ukraine in South Africa is taking targeted measures to develop trade and economic cooperation.
According to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, in 2020 the volume of bilateral trade in goods amounted to 116,3 million USD. At the same time, exports of goods from Ukraine to South Africa amounted to 30,1 million USD, and imports of goods from South Africa to Ukraine amounted to 86,2 million USD
The TOP-5 products that were most exported during 2020 include
- Cereals - exported in the amount of 13,3 million USD (growth by 45.6%);
- Animal or vegetable fats and oils - 2,7 million USD;
- Iron and steel - 4 million USD;
- Products of the milling industry - 1,4 million USD;
- Edible vegetables - 2,1 million USD.
The TOP-5 products that were mostly imported during 2020 include:
- Raw hides and skins (other than fur skins) and leather - imported in the amount of 29.6 million USD (increase by 10.3%);
- Edible fruit and nuts - 16.1 million USD (increase by 40.5%);
- Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock - 14.4 million USD (increase by 47.1%);
- Ores, slag, and ash - in the amount of 6.9 million USD (decrease by 21.1%);
- Mineral fuels, mineral oils, and products of their distillation - 3.5 million USD (2.7 times growth).
The total volume of trade in services in 2020 amounted to 6.4 million USD.
Exports of services amounted to 5 million USD, imports of services amounted to 1,4 million USD.
Among the promising areas of bilateral trade and economic cooperation are agriculture, energy, shipbuilding, food industry, mining, engineering and others.